This month Srivalli chose Gulab Jamun's, it could not have come at a better time, every Diwali we make gulab jamuns. But the challenge was to make the khoya/mawa at home and not to use store bought.

We had three recipes to choose from Gulab(less) Jamun from The Yum Blog, Gulab Jamun from Indo and Gulab Jamun from Alka

I followed the recipe from Indo since it had the procedure to make the khoya/mawa. They were perfect intially I thought they were hard but once we ate them they were perfect and held their shape, I usually just helped the elders make gulab jamuns on diwali and never made them alone, I feel great now that I made them on my own.

I had missed last months challenge, so I made the muruku too for diwali, they were so crunchy and nice, I was out of time so I just popped them into the hot oil and did not shape them. The photos did not come out well, since i will be making them again I will post abt it then, till then u can have a look at the blurred picture.



Thanks girls this was a wonderful challenge.

18 comments:

Vidhya said...

Jamuns look perfect dear... Also the murukku...

Savi-Ruchi said...

wow!!, They look purfect

Nithya said...

Wow.. they look so soft and yummm.. love the pic.. :)

Sanghi said...

Mmm.. delicious jamuns and murukku dear..!

Dori said...

Oooohhhhh, tooooo tempting! I'm trying to cut sugar from my diet, darn it ;)

Pari Vasisht said...

Hi Medhaa, the Jamuns look perfect.

Anonymous said...

Perfect Jamuns!

Priya Suresh said...

Prefect jamuns Medha..

lata raja said...

Lovely jamuns!The murukku also looks crisp and so well done.

Srivalli said...

Oh they are looking so soft..and good that you tried the murukus too..:)..two challenges done!

Unknown said...

Both the Jamun & Murukku look lovely. I don't know which one to look in your space, the pav bhaji is yummy the spring onion baaji is delicious. Don't know where to look, but they all make me hungry.

Rohini said...

Both Jamuns and Murukku look perfect!! Wish I can grab some right away..

Avisha said...

Lovely!!!The gulab jamun look so delicious. The Murukku look crunchy, both perfect

Vaishali Sharma said...

Wow..Both Gulab Jamun's and Murukku's look great!!

mona said...

Medhaa, the gulab jamins look so perfect! Delectable click!

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

those janums look perfect! nice blog with yummy recipes.. i have visited your blog a few times before.

Miri said...

These look delicious!!

my kitchen said...

Mouthwatering jamuns & crunchy murukku,Both r my favorites

Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008 : Modified by Medhaa Chabria