Beans Sprouts are used extensively in Chinese cooking, I love the crunch they provide to the noodles. But we also cook it in this curry form to be had with rice.



Ingredients (Serves 2)
1 cup beans sprouts
1 onion, chopped
2 large tomatoes
2 green chilies
1 inch ginger
10-12 curry leaves
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp red chili powder
pinch of turmeric
salt to taste
fresh coriander leaves for garnish

Method

  1. Puree the tomatoes, green chilies and ginger together. Keep aside.
  2. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pressure cooker.
  3. Add the onions and fry them till the are golden brown in color.
  4. Add the curry leaves, coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric. cook for 30 sec mixing well.
  5. Add the pureed tomatoes and cook will the oil separates.
  6. Add 2 cups of water, salt and the beans sprouts. and close the cooker lid.
  7. Wait for two whistles. Let the steam out naturally.
  8. Open cooker, boil the gravy to required consistency.
  9. Adjust Seasoning, garnish with coriander leaves.
  10. Serve with rice.


This goes to Srivalli's Curry Mela.





Bhawana's Taste of India posts are not updating on TOI. You can view her posts on the left side here on my Blog or you can Subscribe to her Blog.

15 comments:

Bhawana said...

WOWWWW thats completely new to me. Cudnt thought of it to make in this way. Perfect entry for curry mela. I am going to make this now

Sangeeth said...

this is new to me too ..liked the curry...may b i'll try sometime very soon :)

Uma said...

desi curry with chinese veggie. Great recipe Medhaa! looks so delicious and healthy.

Srikitchen said...

wow! my fisrt visit to ur blog and u have a nice blog! do visit my blog when u find time!

Sujatha said...

Thats a unique recipe, Medha! looks divine..

notyet100 said...

omg looks so awesome...nd unique,,glad to knw uliked chicken recipes....:-)

Unknown said...

Curry with beansprouts.. completely new and unique... Thanks for sharing!

lubnakarim06 said...

You can curry with bean sprouts, wow never know that. I will try this soon.

Suganya said...

Have some sprouts in my fridge. Will try ur version soon. YUM! Healthy too !

Bhawana said...

di surprise for you in my blog.

Shri said...

Healthy Dish!!

Nidhi said...

I do sprout the beans..but never to this extent.
Your curry makes for a healthy eat.

Srikitchen said...

an award waiting for u in my blog!

Illatharasi said...

I have never tried bean sprouts, now I knew a recipe to try it ;)

Srivalli said...

Thanks for the lovely entry!

Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008 : Modified by Medhaa Chabria